Our engineering industry client is looking for an experienced Compensation Consultant to join their team for a 1-2+ month contract engagement. This is an exciting opportunity to evaluate our client’s current compensation philosophy and structure and make recommendations for improvement and growth. If you are a Compensation specialist looking for an opportunity to make an impact, this may be the next role for you!
Our client is looking for a Compensation Consultant to join their team for a 1-2+ month contract engagement. This Compensation Consultant will help our client refresh their current compensation structure and help other managers learn how to implement best compensation practices. The focus for this role will be to assess and develop our client’s current compensation bands and philosophy. This Compensation Consultant should have experience using market research to create salary bands, incentive pay, and more in order to create a competitive compensation structure that will attract and retain top talent.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Define, create and help implement a compensation philosophy and structure for the entire organization
- Conduct market research and assessments to help evaluate and benchmark market pricing for roles throughout the company
- Create compensation structure for the company including salary bands, incentive pay and more
- Serve as an expert resource to senior management in the development of effective compensation strategies that integrate with management objectives
- Maintain, publish and support a variety of reports and/or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools; in coordination with HRIS, i.e. employee compensation, market analysis, staffing mix, cost of labor, running queries and analyzing data
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communication strategy for the compensation program, ensuring proper maintenance post-project
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP) designation (or progress towards designation) preferred
- Demonstrated strong mathematical aptitude and analytical skills
- Hands-on in-depth experience managing compensation program implementation and roll out
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Results-based self-starter with proven ability to work independently and as strong team player
- Broad and in-depth understanding of compensation theory, techniques, and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong problem solving, organization, and presentation skills
- Ability to deal effectively and timely with all employees and external business contacts
- Strong knowledge of applicable regulations and legislation (e.g. DOL, FLSA, EEO)
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Strong influence and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across bounding and develop effective working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Exceptional consultation skills with client groups
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.