Our global client is looking for an Compensation Specialist who has experience aligning job descriptions with salary ranges. This contract assignment is set to last 3+ months. Our client commits to making a difference in the lives of their customers through the highest quality service. They support their employees to grow professionally and challenge them to reach for goals which in turn support their customers achieving their own goals. If you are passionate about helping our client be successful through compensation work, this may be the next role for you!
Our client is looking for a Compensation Specialist to join their team for a 3+ month engagement. This Compensation Specialist will support the progress and administration of the organization’s compensation programs to attract, retain, and motivate employees while supporting business initiatives and overall growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides consulting to clients and stakeholders regarding the interpretation and delivery of existing compensation policies, programs, and processes, with general supervision
- Conduct job evaluations and market-based analysis for existing and proposed new jobs as requested; determine FLSA classification status; research comparable market pay rates to assess relationship to compensation plan; prepare and present classification, salary grade, job grade, and compensation recommendations
- Conduct market data research and ensure compliance with state and federal minimum wage requirements
- Support HR Business Partners and Recruiters in aligning job descriptions with job leveling and classification
- Keep current on all relevant federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure full compliance
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Finance, or related degree required
- 3+ years of experience in compensation required
- Experience with payroll and HR systems required
- Demonstrated strong mathematical aptitude and analysis skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Results-based self-starter with proven ability to work independently and as a strong team player
- Broad and in-depth understanding of compensation theory, techniques, and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong problem solving, organization, and presentation skills
- Ability to deal effectively and timely with all employees and external business contacts
- Strong knowledge of applicable regulations and legislation (e.g. DOL, FLSA, EEO).
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven
- Able to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
Versique Job Code: 38568
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.