Contract Facilities Director
Looking for an opportunity to join to do something unique for a very interesting organization? This organization which provides inspiration and learning in a unique and fun way, is looking to bring on a contract facilities director to help them a 5+ year strategic plan for the facilities (which includes high traffic public buildings) and to recommend the needs long-term for the position of facilities manager. High potential for contract to hire conversation in 9 months – 18 months. This organization is a recognizable name in the community that most of us in Minnesota have visited! Are you interested in something new, different and in working with a wonderful group of people?
Contract Facilities Director Position (9 – 18 month contract; high potential for conversion)
The Director of Facilities manages the daily operations and strategic planning for the buildings and grounds. This includes responsibility for all aspects of facility project development and management, as well as supervision of the assistant superintendent of the facilities and custodial manager. The Director of Facilities assists in the development and implementation of building sustainability initiatives, particularly as they relate to energy efficiency and the sustainable design. This position coordinates effective communication and collaboration between both internal and external partners.
Immediate Strategic Need:
Create a five year capital improvement budget for the facilities, working cross functionally to understand the unique needs and potential plans for the structure and facilities. In addition, make recommendations for the position and what is needed in the future.
Facilities Management Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise physical facility, building operations.
- Plan and operation the maintenance, creating a premier and safe experience for visitors and minimizing daily disruption.
- Recruit, hire and supervise the custodial manager, assistant superintendent and mail room manager.
- Negotiate labor union contract
- Create and monitor an annual operating plan and budget including monthly reports on performance to budget, reporting on any monthly variances.
- Coordinate all engineering and construction plans, operations, changes and preventive maintenance for facilities.
- Obtain multiple bids for all contract work and serve as the liaison to external contractors.
- Prepare to respond to emergencies, including weather situations, on a day-to-day and hour-to-hour basis.
- Work environment is fast paced, requires flexibility in meeting day-to-day or immediately. Need to be present for staff and outside contractors and any daily situations.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 year degree
- 5 years of building management experience in major facility, one that hosts visitors highly preferred.