Control Systems Engineer
Location: Rochester, MN Our client is an OEM provided differentiating products with new to the market control features. This Control Systems Engineering role is a critical position to the engineering and product development teams. Opportunity to lead the direction of development and have an impact on new to the market technology. Relocation to the Rochester, MN area available for this position
Position Description: Control Systems Engineer
Senior engineering management position within the client company, working within the advanced engineering groups to further the development of advanced control systems. Controls work encompasses control strategy development for product controls and components, material handling and other auxiliary equipment for applications in next generation products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct advanced system controls research and development, verification and validation, testing and production implementation
- Prepare schedules in order to ensure customer receives quick results
- Analyze performance, cost and reliability of system development and implementation
- Determine whether customer requirements have been satisfied and develop enhancement or alternative strategies
- Communicate with customers through oral communication, proposal or presentation
- Direct research on new technologies developments and establish project requirements (resources, equipment, estimates, test plans, and milestones) according to the needs of a project. Communicate with management or customers Support or direct proposal development with regards to acquiring appropriate funding for various advanced development efforts needed.
- Develop relations with industry partners and University’s to acquire new technologies for advanced product development.
- Lead the development of control systems in a simulation environment using modeling tools (such as Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow, ADAMS, or EASY 5) or hardware-in-the-loop simulators and supervise testing and eventual production implementation
- Determine priorities for items to be completed and ensure each person on the team knows their responsibilities.
- Prepare, plan and assign work to challenge and strengthen employees, contiuing to help them grow their experience and career.
- Provide guidance or assistance and motivate others to ensure projects completion on schedule
- Enforce the proper use of engineering design criteria, modeling/simulation and controls development standard, CMMI procedures in controls development and ensure the technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, customers, and internal departments concerning technical issues affecting programs
- Provide management to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling and administration.
- Operate a positive work environment in which team members can learn and grow.
- Conduct performance reviews of subordinates and recommend position or salary changes
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in engineering, Masters degree highly preferred
- 10 or more years of related experience, designing controls systems
- Prior engineering management experience highly preferred, but not required
- Android Development experience preferred.
Please include your resume with your application. This position is located in the Rochester MN area, relocation will be offered to those who need it.