A well established family owned organization with exceptional values and culture is looking for their next Controller!
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for overseeing all accounting functions including GL management, financial reporting in accordance with GAAP, improve and implement accounting processes, supervise and develop accounting staff. The Corporate Controller is a hands-on leader with a team of 3 to 4 direct reports. Along with managing a team, a successful Controller will be able to build and maintain strong cross functional relationships within a family owned organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage accounting operations including supervision of A/P, A/R and credit process with direct involvement with all other accounting functions.
- Lead day to day accounting operations including period and annual financial close, monthly general ledger account reconciliations of cash, A/R, inventory, inter-company transactions, fixed assets, liabilities, equity, and payroll ensuring compliance with GAAP standards.
- Oversee development and maintenance of the current ERP system including analysis of labor, overhead, and other production costs for new and existing product lines.
- Prepare and publish monthly/annual financial statements; work with department managers to research and prepare variance analysis and corrective actions.
- Analyze, summarize and report financial performance, key performance indicators & trends, and all areas of revenue, cost of sales, indirect expenses, inventory and capital expenditures, to provide accurate and timely recommendations for decision making and to support continual improvement and company objectives..
- Prepare, accumulate and coordinate information flow for the annual business valuation.
- Act as a resource to other departments regarding all accounting issues, reporting and analysis.
- Drive the adaption of an expanded financial reporting within the ERP system.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of our standard product cost system..
- Coordinate the flow of information with external professionals to facilitate audits and meet deadlines to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure all information is completed and accumulated for timely completion of financial audit with minimal audit adjustments.
- Review and maintain system of internal controls to safeguard assets.
- Provide coaching to direct reports, assisting employees in professional development.
- Conduct annual evaluation of departmental team talent.
Competencies & Knowledge:
- Leadership: establishes a clear vision for their area of responsibilities. Uses interpersonal and motivational techniques to guide employees toward goal accomplishment.
- Attention to Detail: stickler for detail. Notices the small things that others often overlook.
- Strategic agility such that individual can understand and communicate how all the pieces contribute to the overall vision.
- A self-directed manager with the ability to organize a variety of diverse projects and deliver timely results.
- An energetic leader who encourages cross-department collaboration to accomplish organizational goals and improve operational efficiencies.
- Organization: must be able to prioritize, balance responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Communication: expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing. Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ethics: helps establish and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Strategic Planning: identifies the key actions that will make significant contributions to the business. Establishes long-term goals/metrics and plans accordingly.
- An ability to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- An ability to proactively identify problems and offer solutions.
- Exhibits good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- An ability to maintain flexibility and composure under pressure.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 7 - 10 years of accounting and relevant industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Technical accounting expertise, CPA (active or inactive), preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.