A compelling opportunity to be the finance partner to a visionary leader in a high-growth, innovative environment.
Reporting to the President, the Controller is responsible for the completion and oversight of all financial activities to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of adequate systems to maintain accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results. The Controller will lead all day-to-day financial operations with additional responsibility for the oversight of Human Resources.
This role will work closely with all departments to not only educate employees regarding finance and accounting procedures but also determine how the finance function can best support their efforts. Also, the Controller will assist in the effort to bring awareness and attention to the financial aspects of the organization and make this an integral part of all company activities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop, interpret, and report financial information for the plant in a timely manner in the areas of the balance sheet, income statement and capital.
- Direct preparation of budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Provide management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Serve as a member of the operations team in making sound business decisions.
- Leverage the sites ERP system, analyze all significant work order variances as incurred. Perform Pareto analyses to identify the root causes of variances and assist in directing activities to improve the cost base.
- Understand ERP system set-ups, calculations, and postings of manufacturing performance and identify/correct system issues as necessary to preserve integrity of financial results.
- Responsible for development of appropriate standard product costs to accurately reflect profitability of the product portfolio and set baseline for measuring manufacturing performance.
- Maintain and develop key performance measures and tracking systems for the plant to measure progress and identify focus areas for improvement.
- Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Arrange for audits of company's accounts.
- Establish relations with banks and other financial institutions.
Required Skills & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- About ten years related experience in manufacturing, to include previous Controller responsibilities.
- The ability and desire to mentor and coach a team of professionals dedicated to the success of the business in the areas of AR, AP and HR.
- Strategic planning, presentation and analytical skills, and an ability to effectively interpret, summarize and forecast business activity and the financial position of the company.
- An ability to shape everlasting relationships with employees, senior leadership, and customers.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.