Versique’s client is at the center of a technology revolution! The Controller role will contribute to the commercialization of some exciting technologies and work in a highly collaborative, dynamic workplace.
The Controller will be responsible for assisting the CFO & VP of Administration with duties related to the monthly close process, chart of accounts development, HR and Payroll oversight, and perform analytical accounting deliverables on an ongoing basis. Depending on experience, the incumbent may assist the CFO with IT duties such as IT administration and Help Desk adjudication. General Ledger duties will include maintenance of the chart of accounts, preparing adjusting journal entries, month end account reconciliations, and departmental variance analysis.
Additionally, the position will be responsible for the establishment and ongoing process improvement of cost accounting practices, including ensuring proper cost buildup of manufactured parts. The position will also perform financial and data analysis utilizing Business Intelligence database tools to derive salient insights into the business’s performance. Finally, the incumbent will have direct supervisory duties for a staff of two.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform month end close process including inventory cutoff, updating month end account reconciliations, preparing adjusting journal entries, and departmental variance analysis
- Establishment and ongoing process improvement of cost accounting practices, including ensuring proper cost buildup of manufactured parts
- Ad hoc and regular periodic financial and data analysis utilizing database tools to derive salient insights in the business’s performance
- Assist with the annual financial audit and other regulatory reporting requirements
- Be a main point of contact for the Global Shop ERP system administration and improvements
- Direct supervisory responsibility for the transactional Accounting Clerk
- Depending on experience, IT administration duties related to IT asset setup and tracking as well as help desk responsibilities
- Works with the other members of the staff to develop and maintain scalable processes in a constructive manner
- Fosters a well-trained and motivated staff & conducts employee performance reviews
- Attends scheduled corporate training and meetings
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business field of study
- CPA or Master’s degree in related field, preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years relevant experience in a high-functioning team environment
- Manufacturing industry experience in a Lean environment, required
- Highly motivated with proven record of successful career progression
- Proven track record of driving results and continuous improvement in a collaborative organization
- Experience in developing high-performance teams
- Ability to manage and prioritize many tasks at the same time and complete the tasks independently
- Hands-on & Results Oriented: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results. Has the ability to translate the vision/mission of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans. Willing to do what is required to meet objectives and satisfy the customer. Decisive, balancing a high sense of urgency with appropriate risk management. Strong track record achieving results.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work. Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization. Persuades others with fact-based judgments.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods. Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Driving Positive Change: Sets stretch business goals and challenging objectives to create the case for change. Uses best-in-class benchmarks and own direct experience as catalysts for driving change. Can create the urgency for change in a business that is doing well but is likely to face uncertainty and threats.
- Leadership: Team player—ability to work across the organization. Solid leadership, development and facilitation skills. Ability to attract, develop and retain talent within the organization.
- Communication: Clear and concise oral and written communication. Can work and communicate from the shop floor to the board room.
- Analytical and Thinking Skills: Able to “deep dive” into the details of the business while staying focused on the big picture. Takes a systematic, structured view of situations, deconstructing them into their fundamental elements. Drives to root causes. Is exceptionally fast at grasping the essentials in complex situations. Can conceptualize both problems and solutions. Identifies key impacts and implications of new information and events. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time. Absorbs new facts, data, and information rapidly.