A consulting Controller opportunity instrumental to the continued growth and success of a rapid, fast-paced Healthcare single-specialty practice with private equity backed support and partnership.
The Controller performs a variety of tasks to assist the CFO in completing financial initiatives for the organization. These functions include, but are not limited to, direct and control the general accounting functions, evaluating accounting and internal control systems; general ledger management, oversee and manage Accounts Payable; Payroll and processes and to assist with the external audit and with the annual budget cycle assistance.
This position is designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position works very closely with the CFO and will oversee the Accounts Payable/Payroll team.
- Manage all aspects of accounting, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory accounting, revenue recognition and various special analyses.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of accounting records. Oversee accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports for entire company to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance with reporting and procedural standards.
- Preparing financial reports and cost reports on a regular basis.
- Use accounting software (Great Plains - Microsoft Dynamic) to create and maintain financial statements.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations. Monthly/Daily close of AR, Revenue and Receipts. Track investment accounts; reconcile asset and liability accounts monthly.
- Compute monthly Accounts Receivable Reserves.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to the general ledger.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable and Payroll to ensure accuracy of expenditures and proper posting to the general ledger.
- Reports to the CFO any material changes or problems during the month as well as report daily the status of monthly revenues and expenses and statistics.
- Assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual Audit.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Carrying out all policies; procedures and implementation of operational improvements as established by the CFO.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs.
• Lead staff appraisal and development plans.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; Finance or business administration required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on accounting experience
- Healthcare financial management experience highly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines and responding to change.
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains accounting software experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with clarity both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates a commitment to USS’ values and professionalism through appropriate conduct at all times.
- Proven competencies/skills: analytical, problem solving, clinical/technical, patient/customer service orientation, thoroughness, and teamwork.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.