Versique has partnered with a local construction company to help them find their next Controller! This person will be a strategic business with the business leaders and will be able to put a narrative to numbers. This Controller has a direct career path to CFO!
Job DescriptionThe Controller will wear multiple hats and have the ability to be both tactical and strategic. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of budgeting, forecasting, margin analysis, and job costing.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for expense report processing payment tracking, bank deposits, filing, service reports and preparing sales quotes.
- Monitoring and collecting outstanding A/R.
- Answering customer questions as it relates to billing.
- Maintain revenue projections.
- Prepare margin analysis and job cost reports.
- Prepare internal reports for management relating to cash flow, A/R & A/P aging, sales, KPIs and revenue forecast reports.
- Produce payroll for salaried and hourly employees.
- Maintain fixed assets schedule for all acquired and disposed equipment.
- Make all AJEs for depreciation, amortization, taxes, payroll and other adjustments.
- Ensure tax compliance with all federal, state and local agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, finance or related field
- Minimum 7 years of finance and accounting experience.
- Construction industry experience required.
- CPA license is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels in the organization.
- Experience with Viewpoint is a plus.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.