We are working with a Minnesota based family owned company in the retail space to help them find their next Controller! The Controller will drive accurate and timely financial reporting along with insights into the business through the development of KPIs and metrics!
Reporting to the Owner, the Controller will be responsible for all of the accounting, finance and administration of the company including but not limited to A/P, A/R, payroll, and financial reporting.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversee expense report processing payment tracking, bank deposits, filing, service reports and preparing sales quotes.
- Oversee accounts payable and disbursements
- Review and analyze financial information, including reconciling accounts
- Manage banking and insurance relationships
- Monitoring outstanding A/R.
- Responsible for timely month-end close and produce monthly financials
- Maintain revenue projections.
- Prepare internal reports for management relating to cash flow, inventory A/R & A/P aging, sales, KPIs and revenue forecast reports.
- Oversee payroll function and serve as company backup, if needed
- Ensure tax compliance with all federal, state and local agencies, such as sales and income tax
- Manage the companies 401k
- Coordinate with Company’s CPA firm for annual reviewed financial statement
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- Minimum 5 years of finance and accounting experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading a team or function within an organization.
- Experience within in a retail environment preferred.
- CPA license is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels in the organization.
- Microsoft Power BI is a plus
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.