Our client is a highly profitable service and specialty chemicals company located in the Cleveland/Akron area. They have been named to Inc. Magazine fastest growing company's 7 times and have been named a top work place by North Coast Top 99 work places in Northeast Ohio.
The Chief Operating Officer/EOS Integrator will lead the company, manage day-to-day business operations and integrate major functions of the company. The selected candidate will be confronted with building upon and productively challenging existing vision and strategy to drive improvement in both top and bottom line.
Keys to success and responsibilities:
- Manage EBITDA improvement, keep teams accountable, contribute to and execute company vision
- Integration of resources for the enterprise unified system and be able to take direct action, must be able to take higher order intangible variables into account in optimizing opportunities within the company.
- Knowledge of the management concepts of Requisite Organization. Candidate will embrace and reinforce Requisite Organization principles which is essential as it has been a foundation for the company's culture and success
- Communicate clear goals and objectives, by driving accountability throughout the organization
- Partner and collaborate with high-level officers to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability; work with leadership to fully leverage existing patents, facilities, customer relationships and human capital
- Work closely with Owners and CFO to prepare budgets, complex risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the owners with regard to investment risk and return.
- Ensure engineering and product development activities align with strategy and business segment identified opportunities while ensuring segments are fully aware of product development capabilities
- Oversee quality control throughout the company, review existing and establish new goals where necessary for each department in partnership with division managers
- Successful track record of driving EBITDA improvement in a leadership role in mid-market service, industrial or related sector
- Strong Leadership, effective communicator
- Preferred experience in industrial services, chemicals manufacturing, mining or construction
- Acquisition experience preferred, including evaluation of target companies and pre/post integration experience
- Strong results orientation: not afraid to initiate action before all facts are known; not one to be held up on protocols and process
- Inclination to challenge conventional ideas and previously accepted practices
- Demonstrates drive and energy
- Intellectual curiosity to explore new business avenues; passionately tackles potential roadblocks
- Ability to inspire others; build motivated and high performing teams