Corporate Banking Relationship Manager
Middle Market Lenders: Join a team that actually wants to grow portfolio and Market Share.
ONLY LOCAL TWIN CITIES MIDDLE MARKET BANKERS WILL BE CONSIDERED
The Commercial Relationship Manager is responsible for generating new Middle Market loan and deposit business, according to assigned sales goals, by initiating and developing relationships with Middle Market businesses, centers of influence and referral sources. The Commercial Relationship Manager maintains acceptable credit quality and appropriate loan pricing. Individual portfolio management and client relationship expansion, including partner referrals, are critical for success in this position.
- Achieve Sales Targets
- Prospects businesses with annual sales of exceeding $50MM for new loan and deposit opportunities
- Works to achieve assigned personal sales goals through proactive activities and behaviors that lead to results.
- Aligns client and bank objectives and orchestrates organizational resources and referral partners to build collaborative, client-focused relationships.
- Uses a consultative selling approach to understand client needs and opportunities, including conducting pre-call planning, establishing rapport, interviewing for needs and opportunities, explaining features and benefits, overcoming objections, and closing the sale.
- Leverages centers of influence to build a network and create a pipeline of business.
- Loan Originations
- Ensures loan requests meet the requisite level as set forth under current loan standards by evaluating loan requests for proper purpose, structure, and pricing.
- Partners with support staff to ensure the loan origination process meets bank and client expectations.
- Manages delinquencies and portfolio to ensure that classified credits are recognized timely and referred promptly to Special Assets.
Key Competencies for Position:
Client Leadership - Uses one’s unique expertise/specialization to bring value to each client interaction and to deliver a compelling client experience; seeks information about the client/client’s business to develop sound solutions to meet each client’s needs; follows through on client commitments despite time pressures or obstacles; follows up to ensure the client is satisfied; actively prospects, cultivates and sustains productive client relationships.
Drive and Execution - Sets high personal standards of performance; proactively learns new skills and develops self for current performance and future opportunity; systematically monitors and reviews progress against performance; seeks and leverages opportunities to collaborate with others to achieve results.
Communication - Adapts communication style and approach to accommodate individual needs and preferences.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5+ years relevant commercial banking experience.
- Ability to orchestrate organizational resources by identifying key players, communicating relevant information, and building collaborative client-focused relationships.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of Loan Standards, Loan Review Administration and Banking/OCC Procedures.
- Very high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a proven track record of successful sales performance with strong business development skills.
- Very high level of sales, negotiation, and financial analysis skills.
- Key Measures of Success/Key Deliverables
- Achieve personal goals for new loan/deposit production and average portfolio target.
- Achieve personal goals for new fee production and average loan delinquency.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of Recruiters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.