Corporate Compliance Officer
We have partnered with a large financial services firm to find their next Corporate Compliance Officer. This is a high-visibility role that reports directly to the Executive Team; if you are a mortgage/consumer lending compliance subject matter expert, looking to join an industry-leading firm, please see below.
ONLY ACCEPTING LOCAL MINNESOTA CANDIDATES
Corporate Compliance Officer is responsible for the overall risk management functions ensuring the company is up-to-date with ongoing legal and regulatory changes affecting the residential mortgage industry, as well as applying existing laws and regulation to new and ongoing business initiatives. Professional and administrative work primarily involved in maintaining, interpreting and applying all federal and state guidelines and regulations to ensure compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage state and federal law changes, including reviewing and interpreting the rules/regulations, implementing policies and procedures, form/disclosure changes, and system enhancements as needed, working with and guiding relevant business areas.
- Respond to compliance-related questions, research and /or issues.
- Oversee Compliance Manager to ensure compliance with all state licensing and NMLS requirements.
- BSA and SAFE Act compliance
- Research and coordinate responses to customer complaints received directly or through regulatory agencies.
- Work with the Compliance Manager to coordinate, support and remediate all audits; including but not limited to State, Investor and various regulatory agencies. Ensure and agreed upon corrective actions are implemented.
- Assist with project implementation, i.e. the addition of new investors.
- Be an administrator for several investor applications and administer usernames and access to new and current employees.
- Sit on the committees for new lender approvals and renewals, vendor management, and security to provide information from a compliance perspective.
- Responsible for timely and accurate report filing to regulators, i.e. investor reports, HMDA and CUSO registry.
- Oversee the QC Manager to ensure audits are completed in compliance with investor requirements.
- Oversight of company’s compliance management system, which includes but is not limited to: timely updates of company policies, company training, monitoring and corrective actions, and compliant management.
- Must work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks. Must be available (especially during regular business hours) to communicate with employees, customers, managers and any other person or organization with whom interaction is required to accomplish work and company goals.
- Must maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, customers, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner, and be able to provide clarification if necessary.
- Actively participate in quarterly performance meetings; meet or exceed all performance metrics.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- 7+ years of banking and regulatory compliance background; mortgage specific preferred.
- An understanding of regulatory topics, concepts, practices and procedures related to the life of a loan (origination, servicing, loss mitigation and default/foreclosure)
- Knowledge of all relevant federal and state residential mortgage regulations including but not limited to TRID, TILA, ECOA, HMDA, RESPA, GLBA, SAFE Act, and FCRA.
- Experience with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines.
- Computer analytical, organizational, legal research and writing skills.
- Verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Intermediate MS Office skills.
- Creative/innovative problem solver
- Must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
- Mortgage Underwriting and Loan Operations experience
- Prior management experience
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.