Versique has been retained by an environmentally focused services company, with very aggressive plans for growth, to assist in finding their next Corporate Controller.
As an integral member of the Finance Organization reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller is responsible for leading all accounting and financial reporting activities for the Company. The ideal candidate will have been a Corporate Controller for an organization with revenue of $200M+ as well as have been at a larger organization with revenue of $1B+ and a shared services model. Candidates with excellent people and process management skills and the ability to drive and support change will find success. Competency in professional accounting is also important, including both deep technical financial reporting expertise and experience with complex transactions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversees all aspects of reporting and accounting for the Company and its business units.
- Identifies, implements, and oversees the execution of financial processes, policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with US GAAP and all applicable tax laws.
- Maintains the general ledger and the Company’s financial books and records.
- Organizes and drives all closing and consolidation processes on a timely manner and in accordance with US GAAP.
- Serves as the primary interface with external audit firm for the annual financial audit.
- Oversees and direct activities for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Manages tax matters including coordinating with external firm and all filings.
- Manages treasury matters including disbursements, deposits, and coordinating with the bank.
- Recruits, trains, and retains a high performing team that provides a professional accounting department able to assert a positive leadership role across the entire organization.
- Works with the Senior Leadership Team and all levels of functional management in the spirit of cooperation and continuous improvement.
- Present to Audit Committee on various topics including control environment and process improvement initiatives.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a CPA (current active or inactive)
- Minimum 10 years in a senior accounting or finance role in a multi-entity consolidation environment, including previous experience as a Corporate Controller.
- Ability to work closely with team members that are decentralized across the U.S.
- People management and development, ensuring employees are engaged and focused on team priorities.
- Competency applying GAAP within complex organizations, including researching and implementing relevant accounting technical standards, and preparing technical accounting memos supporting all accounting positions.
- Experience leading an effective and efficient closing process, including the implementation of best practices and the ability to leverage systems to automate processes and financial reporting.
- Experience with prior ERP migration projects, in both M&A integration and operational consolidation situations.
- High degree of proficiency with MS Excel.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.