We are partnering with a growing family owned construction services company to help them find their next Corporate Controller! This person will be replacing the retiring CFO!
Job DescriptionReporting directly to the CEO, the Corporate Controller will lead the finance and accounting team and provide valuable insight into the financial health and operations of the company.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop a team of three accountants
- Coordinate and oversee month end clos process to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- Oversee the payroll process and ensure federal and statutory compliance.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and present findings.
- Analyze current reporting and make suggestions to improve and capture relevant data and KPIs.
- Manages relationship with external CPA firm.
- Contributing member of the 401k committeed providing guidance to investment options, plan expense and design.
- Assists with client and vendor contracting.
- Acts as the liaison with the property management company, and any other related parties, to address all facility related needs of the company.
- Participates in, and assists with, the annual business insurance and benefit renewal process.
- OVersees and manages collections and billings P&P to ensure compliance with corporate collection policy as well as achievement of monthly rock performance.
- Minimum 10 years of finance and accounting experience.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Active or inactive CPA license preferred.
- Detail oriented with the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to be a visionary leader and inspire others.
- Experience in a services industry or manufacturing industry a plus but not required.
- Experience in an EOS environment preferred.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.