Corporate Development Manager
Versique is retained on a newly created Corporate Development opportunity. Our Client has experienced substantial growth in recent years and has aggressive plans to continue this trend.
Reporting directly to a Vice President, the Corporate Development Manager is a newly created position with a well-respected commercial construction firm and will be primarily responsible for providing financial analysis and supporting due diligence on potential acquisition targets. Additionally, the person in this role will partner with acquired companies by providing financial analysis and appropriate recommendations to assist in decision making that drives value creation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review new deal opportunities with leadership and prepare screening memos and financial models as appropriate.
- Work with team on sourcing and closing company platform and/or add-on acquisitions.
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements.
- Create and analyze financial projection and leveraged buyout models.
- Perform data gathering and analysis about a company and/or industry.
- Interview management, customers, competitors, investors, analysts and suppliers.
- Present findings, key takeaways, and recommendations to team members.
- Analyze performance, business dynamics, and outlook for portfolio companies.
- Participate in management meetings and presentations with Partners for new investment opportunities.
- Manage diligence efforts with the deal team and present findings and recommendations to the investment committee.
- Coordinate the underwriting process of fund investments, including an investment memorandum supported by detailed analysis and in-depth industry research.
- Participate in the negotiation and closing of documentation related to the investment.
- Act as primary backup to Vice President on assigned existing portfolio investments. Prepare or coordinate the preparation of monthly financial calls, quarterly board materials and portfolio valuations.
- Assist leadership with all aspects of ongoing legal documentation requirements for the assigned portfolio. Participate in regular calls with management teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong academic backgrounds with advanced degrees and certifications, CPA/CFA/MBA, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 4-6 years combined work history to include public accounting in Audit and Transaction Advisory, Corporate Development, Investment Banking, and/or Private Equity.
- Work experience to include responsibilities for business and financial analysis, mergers and acquisitions, financial modeling and research.
- Strong communications skills, a high motivation level, and outstanding interpersonal skills are also required.
This candidate will need to operate with little supervision, have a strong sense of independence, be a self-starter, have a high degree of intelligence, be able to work cross functionally within an organization, be professional, have strong values and ethics, and be able to handle a broad breath of responsibilities.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.