Our client is looking for Corporate Engineering Project Managers with experience within Specialty Chemical batch processing.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Project management responsibility for successful completion of assigned capital projects
- Estimate project costs for capital budgets. Forecast and prepare estimates to properly authorize funding for assigned projects
- Develop project scopes and detailed designs using both company and offsite resources
- Ensure Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance for projects
- Support construction of projects by issuing construction scope, bidding installation resources, and selecting contractors. Directly or indirectly supervise construction contractors
- Coordinate/lead check out, commissioning and startup of new installations
- Manage and support projects throughout the Corporation.
- Troubleshoot plant operations and support optimization of existing facilities
- Lead process improvements across multiple locations.
- Contribute to optimization of project processes and specifications
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 + years of experience defining and developing projects with the plant operations groups or corporate customers
- 3 + years of leading multiple concurrent large capital projects ($20K to $10MM) in a chemical or process industry
- 2 + years working at or supporting an operating facility and willing to provide hands-on engineering support at our manufacturing/distribution facilities
- 2 + years of experience with OSHA Process Safety Management
- Ability to lead remote project teams and travel to company locations as needed for scope definition, design development and project implementation. Approximately 30%
- Ability to travel up to 40% US
- Proficiency in AutoCAD software for use in P&ID development and documentation of project scope
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.