Performs a broad range of complex business and specialized financial analyses in support of forecasting, modeling, and budgeting initiatives, while following general project or department guidelines, procedures, and precedents. Provides financial analysis of the overall business, performs value add reporting, and develops budgets.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead Financial Analyst in the planning, analysis, maintenance, and presentation of financial information using Microsoft Word Excel, Access, Planful Budgeting Software, and Great Plains Accounting System.
- Develops financial reports for forecasting, trending and results analysis by functional area, product line and business unit
- Acts as lead for FP&A/Budget initiatives
- Creation of financial models to help support business needs, use cases and other related areas
- Attend monthly financial review meetings, quarterly forecasts meetings and annual plan meetings and document key information and decisions as required.
- Process high volumes of data for downloading into the Planful database and Great Plains accounting system while also evaluating the data’s relevance for inclusion in budgets, forecasts, and plans.
- Identify and resolve errors and discrepancies between budgets, forecasts, plan, and actual numbers presented in financial statements and quarterly forecasts and plan presentations.
- Assist in the maintenance of data within the Planful database.
- Investigate and answer routine queries arising from directors, regional director, and SMT.
- Plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure deadlines are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Suggest changes to internal department procedures as identified and be involved in the continuous improvement development of processes.
- Create, develop, and maintain excel spreadsheets used by Analytical Support department for budgeting and tracking of data.
- Establish and maintain paper and electronic files in an organized and secure fashion.
- Assist in the preparation of annual plan and forecasts presentations by updating and creating Microsoft Word documents, Excel workbooks, and PowerPoint presentations that visually represent financial data.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related discipline is desired along with a minimum of 6 years accounting/finance experience.
- Must possess a budgeting/forecasting/reporting background and have experience working with multiple business entities.
- Must be able to collect, interpret, and organize large amounts of data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and financial/accounting software.
- Prior experience with budgeting and forecasting software. Candidate must be able to run a list of reports; and do financial forecasting.
- Candidate should be adaptive with systems and technology: this person will assist with implementation/training of new financial software.
- Be an organized, self-motivated and process driven employee, comfortable with the unknown as the organization grows this role will adapt as well as will be involved in ad hoc projects.
- Outgoing, inquisitive personality and research oriented; this person will gain acquisition knowledge/experience.
- Passion for data entry and driven to meet/exceed deadlines.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Possess the ability to work with all levels of management and foster relationships with financial and operational personnel.
- Preferred prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics.
- Preferred prior experience with Planful.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.