Our client is seeking a DEI Events Specialist to join their team for a 3+ month contract. This consultant will play a key role in producing internal and external events intended to broaden employees’ understanding of DEI related topics to build a more inclusive workplace. This role will be responsible for planning, communicating, and executing employee engagement initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with internal stakeholders on pre-event planning and post-event analysis including sign-ups, surveys, debriefs and recommendations for improvement
- Understand client’s event processes, requirements, operational capabilities, restrictions, and costs; and be able to explain these elements clearly and concisely to event hosts
- Produce event proposals, update the events calendar, and ensure all event requirements are met
- Work with HR team and business partners to confirm events’ budget, coordinate purchasing and procurement for event expenses
Required Skills & Experience:
- Project Management, Event Planning, and Event Execution experience required
- Prior experience working in a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion based role or running DEI events and programs
- Shown ability in dealing with ambiguity and leading strategic priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage projects, prioritize actions, and execute to ensure that programs are driven as per plan
- Ability to lead and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.