The Demand Planner enables the strategy and execution of forecasting and decision models through a strong combination of statistical, business intelligence, and market and industry trend analysis. An ideal candidate possesses a deep experience in Data Analysis and Applied Statistics, Inventory or Production Planning, and Supply Chain Management functions. The Demand Planner possesses advanced knowledge of process improvement and fulfillment strategies, and actively drives iteration and new learnings into the inputs and methods for forecasting.
- Lead the S&OP cycle with key clients, defining inputs, outputs and governance
- Partner with Clients, Sales, Operations and FP&A to develop an accurate demand forecast
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare statistical forecast, analysis, and lead weekly S&OP meetings with clients, sales and operations
- Highlight misses, direct appropriate closure actions within Operations
- Drive long term S&OP initiatives, like standardization of tools and processes
- Provide direct inputs and analysis of demand data to management, finance, and operational teams in creating and maintaining the corporate S&OP process
- Develop initiatives to improve forecast accuracy
- Work with 3PL clients to develop volume bands, SLAs
- Collaborate with account teams and suggest improvements to contracts that better align company and client needs
- Develop SKU level forecast for 3PL clients who don’t provide them
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field strongly desired.
- 5 years or more of hands on experience within supply/demand planning, inventory control, logistics management and/or manufacturing production – manufacturing environment a must.
- Extensive knowledge of Supply Chain processes, such as Sales and Operations Planning, MRP, Forecasting, Demand and Supply Planning, Indirect Procurement, Materials Management and Logistics.
- Work experience in a team-based environment within manufacturing or supply chain
- Strong technical skills around data management
- Well organized, with strong attention to details
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.