Desktop Support Engineer
Our client, a leading Twin Cities-based retirement plan consulting and administration firm, is seeking to add a Desktop Support & Network Administration position to its IT Department.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated person who also enjoys working in a collaborative team environment. This position is responsible for day-to-day systems administration including managing support calls, desktop systems, printers, communications hardware/software, MS office, business related software, terminal servers and Mitel office phone system accounts. You will work with and report to the Director of IT Operations.
In this position you will:
- Be available Monday through Friday in the Edina office location. Remote working options are available based on experience and tenure at the company
- Travel to St. Cloud office location when needed (bi-monthly)
- Work directly with staff to support any computer or network/application related needs
- Support on site and remote desktops and call center, hardware, network, windows active directory, windows terminal server/gateway
- Office systems and 3rd party retirement plan administration applications
- Manage Mitel phone system accounts, phones, software & smart phone app
- Provide day-to-day administration of PC’s and other related technical issues, questions, training
- Manage small to medium sized projects, including cyber security training program/testing
- Occasional after hours remote software maintenance tasks
Skills that we value:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows desktop and server products.
- Demonstrated ability to administer an 80+ employee network including printers, copiers, fax, smart phones, tablets and anything else that is plugged into the wall.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- An interest in learning new technology along with the ability to assist with implementing new technologies as identified by business needs (online training courses are included in this position)
- Highly developed verbal and written communications.
- Authoring and maintaining documentation for systems.
Additional skills are a plus:
Provide network administration support: Active Directory, backup, disaster recovery, Microsoft IIS server, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, vmWare, SAN storage systems, .Net applications, firewall, WAN, wireless network, web design, web applications design, automation experience, linux;
Diploma or other qualified training in computer network technology.
Client is an employee-owned company with a strong benefit package. They offer 401(k), ESOP, HSA, section 125, medical, and dental plans and can accommodate flexible working hours. This position is available in the office in Edina, MN. Candidates seeking a full-time remote position will not be considered.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.