Our client, a leading Fortune 500 financial services organization, has strategic vision for growth, a dynamic environment, and an incredible team of talented individuals.
Why Work at Versique?Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by a group of industry veterans. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in the Twin Cities. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
This Senior Java Developer will be working on the Microservices uplift project.
This Senior developer will be working on migrating the current microservices components to the new framework version which will enable seamless cloud migration.
This developer will be coding, working with performance engineering team, quality analysts.
Technologies: Java, Restful webservices, Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture, Sprint boot, Docker, Mesosphere.
Contribute to software development activities by developing, documenting, testing, modifying and maintaining new and existing software applications.
Apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to the development life cycle.
Bring application(s) and technology expertise to the specification and design development process. Provide technical expertise on assigned applications, to include interfaces and interrelationships with other applications and systems.
Receive technical guidance and day-to-day direction from Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers.
Code, test and troubleshoot existing programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
Analyze end user data and business needs to format final product and assure user-orientation. Test and develop programming modifications.
Utilize applications expertise to participate in the design process as needed, then write new program code based on defined specifications.
Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
Write and maintain programming documentation, as well as operations and user guides (as required).
- Effectively unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to the quality assurance (QA) team. Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner.
Collaborate with the QA team to identify test cases and create/mine test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables.
Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as the developed code/program moves through the testing process and ultimately into production.
Provide implementation/production support as required.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with end users, Business Analysts and senior development team members.
Provide input to prolong application life or recommend replacement.
Confer with senior development team members to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
Assist in resolution of questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Evaluate and thoroughly understand complex interrelationships between assigned applications and systems, such as whether a contemplated change in one application would impact or cause unwanted results in a related part of that application or other applications/systems.
Proactively provide subject matter expertise regarding assigned application(s) to other members of the technology and business teams to assure understanding of interrelationships and dependencies.
- Support the installation planning for application program requirements.
Support the end-user and technical operations staff as required.
Assist senior development staff with the integration of technology within and across the capability domains.
- Act as a resource to junior development staff regarding technology, methodologies and standards.
Proactively share knowledge and collaborate with development team members, Business Analysts and Technology Operations to assure quick and effective responses to customer needs (internal and/or external).
- For Senior and Executive Levels: Strategically plan and prioritize software/solution releases within planned release schedules based on enterprise business strategy, business and technology need, and impact while assuring appropriate scope, size and impact of releases to end users.
Effectively plan all design, development and testing work to assure the pre-determined release schedule is met.
- For Senior and Executive Levels: Provide strategic direction and operational leadership to a team of highly technical employees.
Develop and maintain an organization of high performing people through effective hiring, coaching and rigorous performance/talent management processes.