Director, Data & Analytics
If you have a background working for consulting companies, with enterprise accounts, providing data and analytics technology solutions - this is an opportunity for you to grow this Data and Analytics Practice's capabilities, own processes, lead, and help client partners!
We’re looking for a Director to help foster the growth of a robust portfolio of Clients in the Minneapolis office. You’ll be a Big Data/Data Science Influencer who is passionate about data solutions and managing a consulting practice of high-performing technologists. You’ll be working with Enterprise accounts using excellent communication and expert technical aptitude.
This Director will be responsible for growing and evolving the Data & Analytics practice. You’ll play a chief role in defining and evangelizing our data engineering, data science, and analytics capabilities to our customers and consultants who have a statewide and national presence.
Role & Responsibilities
- Practice Development/Management: Responsible for the entire Data and Analytics practice:
- Practice Building – Manage and create strategic growth plans of the practice through a combination of business development, talent management, ownership of delivery production, and thought leadership
- Bench and Individual Development – Be a mentor to all
Practice Consultants by promoting an environment of continuous professional development
- Business Development – Lead Practice Business Development activities working with recruiters, practice directors, and leadership team
- Thought Leadership: Share ideas about the advancement of technology with internal and external communities by speaking at industry-leading conferences, performing TED Talks, hosting meet-ups, and collaborating brain-storming sessions
- Guide Data and Analytics consultants through all phases of delivery including: requirements elicitation, solution architecture, and driving an effective development team
- Deliver projects to contractual expectations with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Use an analytical approach to design, develop and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Use exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets to produce innovative solutions for clients
- Create and present proposals and establish Statements of Work (SOW) for Client engagements
Required Skills & Experience:
- Leadership in the Data and Analytics industry with a strong background in consulting.
- Experience with a variety of architectures, patterns, and methodologies focused on Analytics Strategy, Data Governance & Master Data Management, Data Architecture(s), Big Data & Internet of Things, and Data Visualization and Analytics.
- Passionate about research, prototyping and staying current on emerging technologies through continued education and significant community participation.
- Interest in interacting and communicating with Enterprise clients, mentoring other consultants and acting as a thought leader within the Data and Analytics industry.
Your knowledge and skillset likely includes the following:
- Practice Development – Minimum 3 years of experience developing a Data and Analytics Practice at a Consultancy with Enterprise accounts
- Consulting Experience – 10+ years of experience as a consultant in Analytics, Data Architecture & Engineering, Business Intelligence, Solution & Enterprise Architecture, and Systems Integration
- Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of development experience in Data Strategy, Data Architecture & Engineering Patterns, Data Science & ML Methodologies, and Analytics/BI Program Management (SQL, Python, R, Java, C#)
- 7+ years of experience working with emerging Data & Analytics technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Azure Data Lake, etc.)
- Enterprise experience with emerging cloud platforms and development patterns (AWS, Azure, MapReduce, etc.)
- Experience with analytics platforms (Tableau, Microsoft, Domo, IBM, etc.)
- Familiarity with some or all of the following disciplines: Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling, Bayes Theorem
- Base understanding of architecture frameworks (TOGAF, DAMA, etc.)
- Project Portfolio – Minimum 10+ years of experience owning projects that are Big Data/Analytics/Data Science using modern approaches on Data Platforms
- Technical Community Presence – Must have built a local network of technical clients engaging in a sales lifecycle (Opportunity Qualification -> Proposal -> Closing -> Onboarding)
- Professional Mentor – Experience mentoring technical consultants and/or managing a team of 10+ individuals within the past 2 years
- Knowledge Sharing – Experience developing presentations and delivering them to large audiences on topics related to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Architecture, and/or Big Data
- Experience architecting / managing solutions with PCI / HIPAA requirements
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.