Director of Business Transformation
Versique’s client works in the distribution and consumer goods industries with iconic brands throughout the country and Canada. The newly created Director of Business Transformation will work directly with the executive leadership team to execute growth initiatives and projects across the organization.
The Director of Business Transformation will focus on projects organization-wide with responsibility for project delivery and work cross-functionally with clear deliverables and accountabilities. A creative thinker with the ability to resolve situations and proactively manage outcomes through reshaping and realigning situations. The ideal candidate will hold themselves and the organization accountable to effectively and efficiently complete transformation initiatives on time and on budget. Daily interaction with senior leadership will require conflict resolution skills to integrate varying opinions/interests. Successfully investigate and ask the right questions, at the right time and of the right stakeholder to drive results. Analyze problems and situations, and the impact on the business with a focus on fact-based, forward thinking decisions. Define project objectives, oversee quality control and be responsible for coordinating the activities of the cross functional teams supporting transformation initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a shared-services setting, building successful relationships with key business stakeholders, exceptional customer service skills, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and the capability to deliver results. This role will work closely with the Finance leadership team, other leaders, and team members across the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Enterprise Prioritization: Collaborate with the Executive team to set annual and quarterly operating goals. Implement daily disciplines to drive ongoing alignment cross-functionally for key business decisions and improve target outcomes.
- Leadership Team Governance & Operating Reviews: Co-lead weekly and monthly operating reviews across multiple business leaders. Manage the meeting cadence for the leadership team, ensuring materials are of standard and consistent, sessions are productive and follow up is executed.
- Executive Decision-Making Enablement: Engineer processes and system approaches to firm management practices, ensuring that the CEO’s involvement in project or decision-making process is accretive and timely for functional leaders.
- CEO Execution: Help CEO identify the areas where he much direct his focus to maximize impact and identify metrics for success and revisit regularly to evaluate progress.
- CEO Optimization: Partner to strategically optimize CEO’s time by co-evaluating resource allocation, fit with priorities, and the needs of each area of the business. Partner to keep CEO accountable for commitments, while empowering direct reports.
- Budget & Financials: Partner with Chief Revenue Officer to support administration and relevant CEO engagement in execution of $100 million-dollar operating budget including performance dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Oversees the project scope, develops a clear and detailed project schedule across all streams, accounting for interdependencies between initiatives
- Deep understanding of project structure, roadmaps for delivery, meeting rhythms and provides clear and consistent communication across the cross functional teams
- Defines project success criteria and manages goals, objectives and expectations of the project across functional teams
- Builds an alignment and acceptance of transformation initiatives and tracks key project deliverables and dependencies against the agreed-upon project scope
- Records the outcomes and actions of meetings, including risks, assumptions, issues, dependencies and distributes to team and stakeholders
- Reports project status and resource capability to management team through progress reports and presentations
- Thorough understanding of the business to provide guidance/additional support, if needed, to the team
- Follows a formal change request process, including change request documentation and budgetary information
- Conduct project postmortems and creates recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or advanced degree in business, finance or technology
- Comprehensive understanding of project management methodologies
- Proven track record in the successful hands-on delivery of projects
- 10-12 years of relevant business initiative, project management experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in project methodology and governance with proven experience in project leadership roles, with well-developed experience executing complex projects
- Strong experience in successfully managing a variety of significant cross-functional projects in parallel
- Ability to manage strategic partners
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment with internal deadlines
- Hands-on approach to improve processes while working with others
- Experience interacting with Senior Leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong "ownership" of responsibilities and outcomes
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent data analytics skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing demands and deal with frequent change
- Ability to interact with all functional areas and organizational levels, including senior management
- Excellent judgment and discretion to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel to field locations is desirable; Role may require less than 15% travel at times