Director of Compensation
Join a fast growing company as a key member of the leadership team. The Director of Compensation will lead the global compensation and equity programs for this tech company located in Minnesota. This role is 100% Remote!
Job DescriptionLocation is open - this role will be 100% Remote
The Director of Compensation will be a key member of the team and will work closely with the Vice President of People, the Sr. Director of Total Rewards, the Executive team and Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors to lead our global compensation and equity programs, which are core to our employee value proposition and enable us to attract and retain our teams.
- Play a key role in the creation of materials for Compensation Committee meetings including working with our independent consultant along with SVP of People, Sr. Director of Total Rewards, and CEO to drive annual recommendations for Executive Compensation, equity programs and other analysis requested by the Committee.
- Drive the transition of company compensation practices from private to public in preparation for IPO.
- Drive the strategic design and execution of our global compensation and equity programs in line with the business needs, culture, and values to include philosophy, job evaluation and salary surveys, salary and incentive structures, pay budgets and equity analysis.
- Review proposed compensation adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Conduct cost modelling and impact analysis for proposed new programs or program changes.
- Maintain and update compensation bands and levelling, and continuously assess against market
- Provide analytical insights and compensation guidance to business leaders and Talent and People partners
- Ensure that program objectives are effectively communicated enterprise wide and understood through multiple learning and communication methods
- Provide support during M&A activity
- Collaborate with everyone, but especially with Payroll, Finance, and HR.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of compensation leadership and program administration in public and private software technology companies.
- Outstanding customer service and ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization including senior leaders across all functions as well as the CEO
- Outstanding attention to detail, high level of accuracy in written work and analysis and the ability to exercise good judgement
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities that require strong project management and decision-making capabilities. Hands-on approach required
- Excellent judgment in dealing with sensitive materials, confidential information, and time-critical matters
- Must be very comfortable and thrive with ambiguity while building out strategies, systems and processes.
- Impeccable communication skills; able to explain complex ideas in a simple, clear manner, deftly answer challenging compensation questions, and connect with a variety of audiences from our Board members to our employees
- Broad knowledge of market trends and compliance related issues
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.