Director of DTC – Ecommerc
Direct to Consumer - Ecommerce, can you connect with your consumer!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish the long-term of Direct to Consumer eCommerce vision, strategy, and team priorities. Manages day to day operations of several consumer brand eCommerce sites (Shopify)
- Develop the annual and multi-year strategic and financial plans in collaboration with the VP of eCommerce and the Consumer Division team and cross-functional partners.
- Responsible for driving TLC DTC web activation, site operations, and customer relationship management.
- Will be responsible for building out strategies with the VP of Marketing, with oversight of Email Marketing, Loyalty Program, and CRM efforts.
- Establish acquisition and retention strategies, including CRM in partnership with the Technology, e-Marketing and Analytics teams
- Collaborate with the Digital Technology team and operational partners to drive a best-in-class customer experience on the ecommerce sites.
- Align quarterly activation and promotional plans with division plans and priorities.
- Develop and implement initiatives to ensure that the sites deliver the best shopping experience, aligns with marketing strategies across channels and highlights relevant promotional or seasonal merchandise.
- Audit websites on a regular basis to identify opportunities for potential improvements and enhancements to ensure best-in-class practices and experiences.
- Analyze site performance to continuously improve key site metrics.
- Lead and manage the TLC DTC dedicated team based in the US – Remote and On-site
- Establish team structure, annual objectives & deliver regular performance reviews for direct reports.
- Play a pivotal role in driving the team's engagement and cross-functional collaboration with the Divisions, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, Digital Technology, Customer Service and Analytics teams.
Strategic Planning and Vision:
- Strategic thinker who creates compelling vision for the organization and charts the path to realize it
- Creative thinker who unlocks hidden value in the business by capitalizing on key business drivers, consumer trends and insights
- Brings balanced approach to long-term goals and short-term objectives; ability to anticipate and plan for future opportunities and consequences.
- Agility to pivot as digital landscape evolves; sets clear direction for organization in times of ambiguity.
- Comfortable with taking calculated risks to capitalize on new opportunities.
- Strong Retail background with extensive DTC eCommerce Experience
- Significant experience with P/L responsibility and managing financials to focus on bottom-line.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills; adept at assessing financial implications, determining commercial trade-offs, and prioritizing investments/resources.
- Sophisticated ability to synthesize disparate data streams and distill them into meaningful insights.
- Ability to deep dive into business details while staying focused on big picture and not suffering from "analysis paralysis"
Drives Innovation & Results:
- Change Agent who drives innovation and provokes out-of-the box thinking about the business.
- Proactive leader with a roll-up-your sleeves mentality; takes initiative and ownership of results.
- Results-oriented leader with a proven track record of scaling businesses and driving revenue.
- Strong passion for speed, simplicity, organization, and project planning
- Relentless drive to test and learn new ideas.
Collaborative & Influential Leader:
- Builds effective working relationships across with all levels, functions, and geographies.
- Gains credibility and garners respect to motivate others and produce desired tangible outcomes.
- Proactively solicits others' opinions and builds effective coalitions to move the agenda forward.
- Confident and comfortable leading without authority across internal and external constituents and achieving alignment across a range of different opinions and interests.
- Bachelor’s Degree or University degree in Business or similar field preferred
- 7-10 years in Direct to Consumer or Ecommerce related work experience
- Proven success in leading a team to develop a comprehensive business plans that are integrated across multiple consumer touch points, including at point-of-purchase.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with ability to synthesize data to drive strategic decision making.
- Strong decision-making skills and an understanding of where projects fit into overall Company and category strategies.
- Interpersonal savvy: an ability to effectively work with and connect with all levels throughout the organization across various functions and geographies.
- Experience with Analytics tools (i.e., Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or similar) and familiarity with common CRM technologies, Extensive knowledge of Shopify, Shopify Plus and other Enterprise level Ecommerce Platforms.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.