The Director of Engineering will direct and oversee the organization’s new product development initiatives. In this position you will focus on building and leading a world class new product development team and guiding the team through the product development process. This position will be a member of the senior leadership team and will play a leading role in driving change and unlocking future growth potential. Reports to President.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for hiring, training and performance management of the engineering team.
- Budget/P&L responsibilities; Creating and attaining tooling, labor, and special expense budgets.
- Oversee the daily workflow, program schedules of the department.
- Lead the development and implementation of world class product innovation plan
- Lead the technical and design teams to bring products from concept to commercialization through the product development process.
- Research, evaluate, select, and integrate consumer driven technologies and features into products.
- Collaborate with leadership team to develop long term product roadmap to support our business strategy.
- Develop engineering standards and procedures that ensure quality and production standards are met and consistent.
- Create a pipeline of product innovation, technological developments, and efficiency improvements.
- Manage the team to define and execute on project schedules.
- Develop, refine, and manage the product development process.
- Collaborate with operations and supply chain team to identify and implement design for manufacturability improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
- Listen, collect, and analyzes “Voice of Customer” data to identify common product issues, define root cause and implement sustainable corrective actions.
- Build a world class product engineering team by recruiting and developing high performing Engineers and support staff.
- Provided guidance and oversight regarding design and change management.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required.
- 10 Years of engineering experience in creating, engineering, and designing new products in an OEM environment.
- Five years of engineering leadership experience or relevant position.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building and coaching skills.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.