Direct and coordinate activities within the Engineering department to design, manufacture, process, and test components, products, and systems by performing the following duties personally or through the team. Option of Quality department responsibility, depending on the candidate. Support manufacturing operations as needed.
Directly supervise employees on the engineering team. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding employees; addressing issues and resolving problems.
This position reports to the President and participates on the Leadership team with other peers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Direct department activities that include designing new products, modifying existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Resolve problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Analyze technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Advise management team of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Provide direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies, which may improve operations, and develop recommendations accordingly.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Recommend or approve budget, expenditures, and appropriations for research and development work.
- Expectation for this position will be an on-site leader
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline required.
- Experience developing new engineered products required.
- A minimum of 4 years of management/supervisory experience required, leading engineers
- High mechanical aptitude a plus
- Proven experience and desire to successfully complete projects while working in a small – mid-sized company.
- Experience supporting manufacturing operation. Experience supporting a machining operation would be a plus.
- Ability to guide others and provide work direction. Ability to speak, effectively present information and respond to questions before groups of employees, customers and vendors.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A high level of attention to detail, organization, and follow-through skills.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.