Director of Finance
Our service industry, newly IPO'd client is adding a Director of FP&A to build out their finance function.
Job DescriptionLOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!
Our newly IPO'd client is adding a Director of FP&A. You will be responsible for providing executives and the Board of Directors with the analysis and information they need to consider economic and business trends, review past company performance, and attempt to anticipate obstacles and potential problems, all with an eye toward forecasting a company's future financial outcomes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive the planning, forecasting, budgeting, expense management processes
- Prepare Board of Directors packages and lender reports
- Provide accurate, timely, and high-quality financial analysis and strategic support and analytics to senior management. Provide commentary on business performance and deliver actionable recommendations
- Lead change initiatives including the development of reporting for senior management
- Create and lead an annual strategic planning process in conjunction with the COO, CFO and business/ functional leaders across the organization
- Create and implement metrics to track business: Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI)
- Establish cadence for reporting communications with senior management
- MD&A ownership
- Assist CEO and Board with analysis of new business acquisitions
- Partner with SEC Reporting Manager in the review of SEC filings (eg. 10Q/10K)
- Manage and mentor team members
Required Skills & Experience:
- Senior Management experience
- 10+ years-experience
- FP&A and budgeting experience with a public company
- Insurance industry or similar service organization experience
- Managerial experience including cross functional relationship management
- Strong presenter with experience messaging to senior level audiences both internal and external to the organization
- Superior analytical and communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills, Power BI is a plus
- CPA, CFA, or MBA a plus.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.