Director of Finance
Need a new challenge and interested in relocating to a year-round warmer climate? This newly created finance leadership opportunity in a genuinely entrepreneurial environment may be the just the compelling opportunity you're looking for!
Reporting directly to the President, the Director of Finance serves as a member of the leadership team and is responsible for; accounting operations, financial reporting & analysis, treasury & cash management, risk management & insurance, metrics measurement & reporting, and staff supervision & development. Additionally, the Director of Finance provides financial and management counsel to the President/Owner, functional managers, and others as necessary.
The person in this role must be a highly capable executive who embraces positive change, ownership of areas of responsibilities, innovation in an entrepreneurial environment, and have a track record of value creation through consensus building in a collaborative environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the President, the Director of Finance will directly assist with strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs.
- Responsible for oversight of all company financial tasks in particular financial statement preparation, financial planning, and analysis and reporting, both to assure control of company assets as well as to provide sales, marketing and operations with the financial tools and analysis they need to ensure growth and profitability
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly, monthly measures of success.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Drive the annual budgeting and planning process; work with management to develop budgets to achieve company objectives.
- Identify, develop and present analyses of business initiatives, new market/product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Work with the President on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships at all levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Plays a critical role in working with HR and outside resources on employee benefit and insurance programs, including 401(k).
- Oversees all cash management functions.
- Oversees Accounting Department functions of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Cost and Inventory Accounting and General Accounting.
- Work with President to manage the company’s risk management programs to safeguard company assets, assures property and liability risks are properly insured and legal/contractual relationships do not leave the company with undue risk.
Required Skills & Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance CPA or CMA strongly preferred, MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience.
- Work history to include experience in a medium size, entrepreneurial organization with a visionary leader.
- Must be a working manager, able to handle competing priorities.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.