Director of Finance
Want to have an impact in a newly created finance leadership role with a services consulting company well positioned for growth? Check this out!
In this newly created position, which reports directly to the President/CEO, the Director of Finance will serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team and function as a finance partner to Leadership. Specific responsibilities include for the person in this role will include; developing and overseeing the finance/accounting function, support strategic planning, financial management and reporting, implementing systems and procedures to allow for growth, treasury and cash flow management, risk management, and to provide decision-making information required to maximize value creation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Goals – Prepare and present consolidated financial reporting packages that provide meaningful data and insights to support decision-making.
- Work with key company personnel to develop action plans to achieve company financial goals. Draw upon mastery of the company’s financial data to identifying and promote new methods of value creation.
- Ensure Best Practices – Instill excellence in financial operating procedures and compliance with applicable accounting policies.
- Produce weekly scorecard metrics and cash flow statement
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Ad hoc Financial Reports – Prepare analyses for President/CEO upon request, explaining complex financial issues clearly and concisely.
- Development and execution of budget and forecast to support strategic direction set by the Leadership Team; submit annual and quarterly plans and monthly progress reports to the Leadership Team for review.
- Oversee accounting functions including banking, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and payroll, including review of utilization bonus and commission calculations
- Oversee back office functions including office management, administrative support for departments
- Develop and maintain internal controls.
- Assure compliance with state registrations and taxes.
- Responsible for risk management including managing insurance coverages.
- Assist president in preparation Master Service Agreements and review of vendor and client contracts.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Manage HR functions.
- Administer company benefit plans.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively more responsible accounting experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; with an emphasis on Excel
- Experience and knowledge of EOS/Traction is a plus.
- Ability to effectively interpret critical financial data and communicate that to key leaders in the organization; ability to make decisions and/or recommendations based on financial information.
- High degree of technical accounting/finance knowledge supplemented with a sophisticated level of “soft” skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of professionals.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.