Versique has partnered with a fast-paced investment firm looking to expand their dynamic team of professionals. The Director of Finance and Operations is a crucial role in the future plans for the firm.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage financial and operational areas of a fund management company, including but not limited to
- Management of G/L’s for multiple investing, operational, and partner entities
- Treasury management for investment fundings, receipts, management fees, and management company expenses
- Tax compliance
- Fund analytics, reconciliation and compliance
- Capital calls, distributions
- Investor and internal reporting
- Investor due diligence, fund documents, and marketing materials
- Regulatory compliance
- Budgeting and forecasting for the Fund, the Management Company and the overall business
- Human resources (benefits and payroll)
- Other related responsibilities etc.
- Manage multiple third-party relationships such as Fund Administration, Loan Administration, Legal, Tax, Accounting and Banking/Treasury relationships to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and compliance of work product
- Build financial models (P&L, BS, CF) in Excel and Adaptive Planning
- Ability to lead, manage and execute multiple and potentially competing initiatives and priorities
- Ability to be trusted partner to senior leaders
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Well organized, strong attention to detail, ability to plan, organize, and flex to meet competing deadlines
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
Required Skills and Experience:
- CFA, CPA, or MBA is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with managing multiple business critical relationships with third party vendors, treasury management, understanding financial analysis, and reporting
- Ability to prepare 3 Statement Financial Projection Models
- Advanced Excel skills are required
- Experience with business intelligence and data analysis tools such as Power BI and Tableau
- Experience with communicating to senior leadership
- Positive attitude and excellent problem-solving ability
- Self-motivation and the desire to always deliver high-quality service
- Flexible, personable team-player, comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Proven ability to set and meet ambitious deadlines, handle numerous multifaceted financial matters and see projects through to conclusion
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.