Director of Forecasting & Purchasing
Strategic business partner to the finance and operation leadership teams during a time of continued substantial growth!
Are you an effective team leader with extensive experience leading a team in forecasting, demand planning, and purchasing? Do you have a passion for accuracy and strive to deliver clear communications to stakeholders? Are you looking to utilize your hard-earned skills in a growing and demanding distribution environment?
The primary responsibilities of the position are to create and maintain an up-to-date sales forecast, capturing projected sales by product and customer, and to timely procure product to have appropriate stock levels available to meet the sales forecast.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain an effective forecasting and purchasing team
- Hire the best employees for the team
- Train the team to ensure increasingly improving skills
- Coach the team for appropriate attitude and behavior
- Support production teams by having an up-to-date, precise forecast available at all times
- Support the sales team by having appropriate stock levels at all times
- Coordinate with sales team to anticipate seasonal trends in ordering volume to assist in maintaining appropriate stock levels
- Proactively manage projected stock-out dates and coordinate ordering and solicitor schedules to maintain target stock availability levels
- Identify overstocks quickly and take swift appropriate action
- Create and update periodic reports on key business development metrics; including sales forecasts and other various sales reports, providing relevant analysis as needed
- Maintain visibility on assigned product lines
- Perform all other data gathering and analysis as requested by management
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time; sometimes with little notice
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or finance
- Minimum of ten years business, finance, demand planning and/or sales operations experience
- Minimum five years management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Skill in carrying our procedures accurately, efficiently and appropriately
- Ability to coach and mentor team to work hard and meet high standards
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to external and internal customers
- Able to effectively present information in front of groups and leaders of the company
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret various documents and reports
- Able to solve problems involving several options in various situations
- Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills for forecasting and planning
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; specifically, Excel
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.