The Director of Global Sourcing and Supply Chain will create a vision, inspire, and build a global team that will define and support the evolution of the value chain and manufacturing capabilities. You will work with international manufacturers and internal experts to develop and implement supply chain and sourcing strategies that will support growth and business objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead, Inspire and enhance a high performing team with a passion for excellence and willingness to work hard for each other to succeed every day and to provide high quality products to customers.
- Plan and manage overall sourcing strategy.
- Manage network of contract manufacturers, international freight and third-party warehouse providers to efficiently and profitability produce, store and deliver product to customers in North America and around the globe.
- Lead key initiatives or projects for the supply chain
- Identify and deliver profit improvement opportunities across the product manufacturing and supply chain services the company uses
- World class execution of customer programs
- Work with the operations and supply chain team to develop, streamline, and document internal and external processes.
- Develop and nurture relationships with external production and supply chain partners.
- Adhere to all relevant guidelines and regulations.
- Responsible for overall continuity of supply and active risk mitigation. Work with plants to resolve, quality, delivery, capacity, and other supply chain issues as required.
- Create and lead the global sourcing process to facilitate aligned sourcing strategies that drive best-in-class sourcing decisions to support business objectives.
- Lead negotiations for business terms and develop Master Supply Agreements for the supply of products and services with new and existing suppliers.
- Develop and track continuous improvement targets for current and new suppliers to achieve world-class cost, quality, service, and delivery levels
- Report on supplier and commodity market analysis by monitoring trends.
- Own and update the supplier scorecards.
- Own and oversee project management of multiple large-scale initiatives.
- Act as a center of expertise for the respective categories through understanding of industry, competition, future technologies, and innovations etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering or a related area required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of supply chain experience in automotive, marine, heavy equipment, durable or consumer goods industries with global responsibilities
- Experience working with factories in China desired
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams to achieve project objectives
- Strong demonstrated track-record in global supplier management and relationship building
- Clear indication of strategic decision-making that drives results
- Strong project management and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated thought leader
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence and drive alignment among stakeholders across all levels and functions
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Strong negotiation skills to use for large commercial deals
- Experience with modern sourcing and procurement systems
- Excellent communication skills – critical to superseding language barriers and manufacturing lingo
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.