The Director of Human Resources and Workforce Culture will be responsible for reinforcing the client’s commitment to and focus on people and the work culture through responsibility for providing leadership and administrative oversight for developing, implementing, and maintaining a set of successful practices for supporting a culture that values and prioritizes a vibrant work culture, diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. In addition, he/she will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources responsibilities for the company.
The individual reports to the Vice President and Chief People Officer and will be working with all employees to implement the clients Vision, Mission and Values of creating an environment where employees can succeed in delivering the vision and recognize that they are the fundamental strength of the company.
Reporting directly to this position: HR Operations Manager and HRIS and Benefits Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create an employee experience that contributes to a work environment where employees feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work
- Infuse every employee experience and interaction with a spirit of inclusiveness.
- Drive People initiatives, practices, and programs (e.g. performance reviews, training & development, retention, culture, etc.).
- Recommend new approaches, policies, procedures to aid in the development of people.
- Act as advisor to company leadership for all things People-related.
- Specifically oversee: Workforce Engagement survey initiatives, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion actions, AAP, Supplier Diversity initiative, and recruiting strategies.
- Design and implement programs and policies that continuously enhance employee engagement.
- Create and measure key metrics designed to translate into employee satisfaction, performance, engagement, and retention.
HR Operations Duties:
- Establish and develop productive partnerships through the leadership with the HR Managers to understand their objectives and challenges and work collaboratively to solve these from a leadership and culture perspective.
- Function as a thought leader on matters concerning people, operations, and culture.
- Partner with HR Manager to coach managers on effective leadership strategies with staff and assist them with employee relations matters in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision, values, and culture.
- Oversee the development of HR processes such as recruiting, onboarding, training, development, performance management, and organizational planning.
- Ensure that employees have the tools and resources needed to be successful in delivering on the core values and mission.
- Work with Directors, Managers and Supervisors to create effective training and development programs.
- Manage a comprehensive benefits package to foster culture, support employees, and attract new employees.
- Communicate HR Practices and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate on complicated HR issues.
- Ensure compliance with all Employment, Benefits, Wage-hour Laws.
- Maintain knowledge of cutting-edge industry trends and best practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years' progressively more responsible experience in Human Resources, preferably in non-profit.
- Degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience or related field
- 5 years’ experience in managing a professional staff
- SPHR/SHRM-SCP certification is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Knowledge of change management practices and work culture transformation
- Understanding of employment/labor and benefits laws, benefits plan, payroll processes and laws, compensation, and recruitment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to work well as a team player.
- An engaging and fun personality, balanced with professionalism and empathy.
- Appreciation of the benefits of a diverse workforce.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Track record of integrity, discretion, and ethical behavior in all work situations, with a strong understanding and respect for keeping confidences with matters relating to people.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.