The Director of Manufacturing will oversee the Minnesota and Texas location’s manufacturing/operations sites and will push innovative boundaries by collaborating with the executive team in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans. This position requires a visionary and innovative approach to operations, designing and implementing new ways to continually streamline and improve the production process, including automation. The Director of Manufacturing will have the opportunity to shape the operational team to help support the overall company goals and drive operational excellence by serving as a resource on operations best practices across all our locations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with the CEO and the executive team to develop and implement the strategic vision for the operational and manufacturing processes, including operational budgets, consistent with the corporate goals and growth objectives.
- Collaborate and share best practices and ideas with the Florida manufacturing facility.
- Establish and maintain internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and establish best practices.
- Identify and recommend updates to systems and procedures, collaborating with a team and our customers to ensure seamless processing.
- Support the high performance of staff members through effective goal settings, coaching, providing timely performance feedback and monitoring/appraising job results.
- Accomplish operational performance goals through effective planning, scheduling, assigning staff, process development and overseeing the achievement of results within all functions responsible for.
- Build organizational structure for each location, align existing employees to positions, hire and train managers as needed.
- Develop, institute, and monitor KPI’s for each department and facility to drive efficiency, improve safety, and the company’s return on investment to ensure achievement of daily and monthly performance goals and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for automation and lean practices across the operations to alleviate labor shortages, increase efficiencies, and reduce costs.
- Oversee the maintenance department, including creation of a priority list, preventative maintenance, and other work order requests.
- Oversight of the Implementation & maintenance of production schedules to meet demand and communicate it to the production team, customer service, and sales teams.
- Coordinate with the R&D lab on new product development and coordinate the scale up production of new products.
- Coordinate with the sales team to implement S&OP practices & provide up to date info on manufacturing dates of products.
- Work with the Procurement Department to achieve cost reductions throughout the supply chain and manage raw material inventory based upon the production schedule.
- Work with the IT Department to leverage the ERP system to implement efficiency improvements through technology.
- Lead the implementation of best practices of Lean and 5S principals across all facilities and implement procedures and controls to promote a safe working environment.
- Develop, recommend, and upon approval, implement the operating and capital expenditure budgets. Manage the budgets within the budgetary constraints. Analyze and report on variances between actual and budgeted expenditures.
- Ensure organizational compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies. Responsible for maintaining a culture of safety and compliance with safety policies.
- Ensure the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the organization’s standards for quality, quantity, and safety, consistent with the organization’s principles.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations to prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments, and work directly with each facility to ensure that all groups are working cohesively and efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including production, and employee management.
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures, roles, and automation that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Work closely with human resources to ensure team development and mentoring skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to effectively communicate with top management, vendors, customers and other employees of the organization.
- Passionate and positive “can do” attitude, willing to learn, to teach and to be a change agent within the company.
- Self-motivated and driven – strives to deliver great results and continuous improvement. Gets things done.
- Possess the ability to think ahead and like to move forward to attain goals
- Direct and analytical person who is comfortable taking the lead, driver of a vision
- Freedom to think and solve problems quickly, facilitator of change
- Brings order and structure to their environment
- Ability to implement process improvements to provide the company a competitive advantage
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters a plus
- 10 years of experience working in manufacturing operations environment
- 5+ years of experience leading operations at Plant Manager, Senior Manager or Director level.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.#LI-LS1