Director of Operations
Our vision is to become the leading provider of outsourced technology deployment, infrastructure, and support services for large, multiple location organizations worldwide.
The Director of Operations leads our multi-site and virtual project management teams to delight our customers through effective and efficient project fulfillment. The Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring seamless project operations delivery, optimizing project profitability, and inspiring and empowering the project teams.
• Lead the implementation of project and process management methodology, standards and tools to drive and facilitate successful project delivery.
• Align with corporate goals and strategies by managing project teams to key metrics and communicating operations performance through reporting
• Drive measurable operational excellence improvements in key process areas including Days to Invoice, Tech On-Time Arrival, Project Target Goals, Team Productivity, and Quoted to Actual Project Margins.
• Create systems and processes to standardize performance and minimize errors
• Develop strong partnerships across the organization to ensure project collaboration and success
• Build and maintain trusted relationships with customers and stakeholders
• Build and develop teams that are results oriented, highly motivated, empowered, proactive and focused on continued improvement
• Establish and implement goals, objectives, policies, operating procedures and best practices to ensure superior execution and delivery of projects
• Improve customer satisfaction/NPS scores
• Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing resources to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives
• Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to the Operations Managers and Program Managers
• Proactively mitigate risk and forecast the trajectory of projects to ensure that timely action is taken to keep projects on time and budget
• Ensure that corporate policies and procedures are understood and followed
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years leadership experience
• Project management experience and certification (Six Sigma, PMP, etc)
• Multi-site management experience
• Previous large team (25+ EE) leadership experience
• Project/custom delivery experience in a B2B commercial market
• Field workforce and contractor oversight experience
• Previous experience in call centers, telecommunications, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to collaborate with all internal resources to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained
• Ability to function in a multi-project environment with changing priorities
• Ability to calculate figures to determine and understand project health, margins, metrics and other operational needs.
• Ability to anticipate potential problems and proactively troubleshoot to resolve issues.
• Ability to identify ways to measure and improve system performance.
• Ability to effectively communicate, present information, and respond to managers, employees, customers, and vendors in an intelligent, clear, concise, professional and grammatically correct manner.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Work in an indoor office environment.
• Required to use hands to type, handle, feel or reach
• Required to use a keyboard and a mouse for the majority of the workday.
• Vision requirements include the ability to adjust focus and viewing a computer screen for the majority of the workday
• The employee is required to talk in a clear, audible voice.
• Employee should be fluent in English.
• The noise level in the work environment is low.