Director of Operations
Our client is looking for a leader first and foremost and a director or operations for their facility in Southern MN. Our client embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of the innovators that created their brands, they are committed to exceeding their customers’ expectations and to provide custom products that offer features for our customers. They are looking for people to join their team who are dynamic, high achieving, anxious to grow!
Director of Operations
We are seeking a Director of Operations that will be responsible for overseeing and developing management of all areas of Manufacturing, Quality, Shipping & Receiving and Maintenance for the Minnesota facility. To direct activities to ensure customer commitments are met, including on-time shipment, quality standards while meeting company cost objectives.
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Interact regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Direct the manufacturing management of the facilities to ensure fast order processing, accurate inventory control, proper and timely receipt/stocking of goods, cost-efficient shipping direct to customers and effective processing of returns.
- Ensure and maintain proper staffing levels for manufacturing facilities consistent with annual budgets.
- Establish and implement proper training programs for manufacturing facilities.
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Direct and monitor department, process and employees to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Identify and direct changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Initiate and coordination capex plan and major projects, (i.e., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Continually investigates and introduces process improvement measures.
- BA/BS in Industrial, Mechanical or Business Administration or related discipline required.
- 10-plus years of progressive manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented operation, with multi-facilities and/or related industry.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement a plus.
- Will have a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment.
- Requires broad technical or administrative experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with product construction and application, low volume, high mix products.
- This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently and has the ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
Please submit your resume with your application. No relocation $ are allocated for this position.