As the Director of Operations, you will lead, direct, and coordinate all manufacturing activities in the company. This includes managing the following groups: Machine Shop, Assembly, Shipping/Receiving, Tool Room, Production, and Purchasing. Operations are one shift, 5 days/week, with about 45+ persons on this team.
This position reports to the President and participates on the Leadership team with other peers. This is a leadership role in the company that manages the various department managers and systems by performing or directing the following duties:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Achieve optimum employee levels to achieve the companies’ strategic plan and keep the overhead and raw material costs in line with the annual budgetary plan.
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Direct and monitor department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Communicate company goals, decisions, policies to your team. Function as liaison between department management and executive team, communicating performance and results.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate your team. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state, and local regulations. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of production standards.
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiate and coordinate major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Attend weekly leadership meetings to report, discuss issues, and help determine the strategic direction of the company.
- Recommend or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for all manufacturing related activities.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS in Industrial Technology, or Business Administration: or a Four-year technical degree in a related discipline.
- 6 - 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry.
- Experience in a low volume high mix manufacturing environment ideal.
- Experience in leading machining operations ideal.
- Ability to guide others and provide work direction. Ability to speak, effectively present information and respond to questions before groups of employees, customers, and vendors.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- An important level of attention to detail, organization, and follow-through skills
- This position requires occasional travel which may include international travel.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.