Director of Revenue
Exceptionally compelling and newly created opportunity with one of the fastest growing, exciting, publicly traded companies in the Twin Cities!
Our client is in search of a Director of Revenue, a newly created position to join the Finance team. The successful candidate will lead the revenue accounting function and serve as the finance organization’s subject matter expert on revenue accounting, as well as provide strategic direction for the revenue reporting process. The Director of Revenue will partner closely with FP&A, Product Management, Business Operations, Legal, Sales, and other teams across the Company and requires a strong revenue background with a desire and aptitude for cross functional collaboration. Director will report to the Controller.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely and robust reporting in all revenue areas and compliance with the Company’s accounting policies and US GAAP
- Provide leadership, guidance, and strategy on technical revenue recognition matters, including contract reviews, structuring of non-standard sales transactions, new products, as integration of revenue recognition of acquired companies
- Prepare/review quarterly and ad-hoc revenue memos
- Prepare/review monthly/quarterly revenue and deferred revenue analytics and reporting
- Ensure billings and revenue compliance with internal controls
- Oversee the revenue and billings functions, ensuring continuous review and improvement of billings and revenue systems and processes to create efficiencies and scalability
- Develop a strategy for and assist with the implementation of revenue accounting and related processes within a new ERP system
- Manage annual revenue recognition policy review process
- Ensure ERP and other system changes align with revenue recognition requirements
- Work closely with FP&A and Business Intelligence to ensure accuracy of forecasted revenue and other reporting
- Work with Product Management to monitor changes for impacts to revenue recognition
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 10+ years of revenue recognition experience required, preferably a combination of public accounting and industry experience with a public company, with a CPA (active/inactive) strongly preferred
- Strong understanding and knowledge of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition rules, specifically ASC 606, required
- Software industry and/or SaaS experience preferred
- Progressive experience within the finance operations and accounting organization; preferably within a high-growth environment, preferred
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.