Director of Sales
100+ year old company is looking to bring in a dynamic sales leader to lead the company into the exciting next chapter of their evolution.
Our retained client is looking to add a top-tier Sales Leader to their dynamic leadership team. This company has evolved over the last 130 years and will remain at the cutting edge of technology in their field to provide the industries best services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create and execute the sales department go-to-market strategy
- Be a fundamental contributor in the digital transformation process
- Work in close cooperation with the Marketing department to ensure consistent messaging
- Develop and implement operational strategies to achieve or exceed business objectives
- Develop and implement new, innovative sales strategies for the direct and indirect sales
- Assist with complex sales negotiations
- Attend sales presentations and help close sales deals as needed
- Directly develop and manage large, high-profile customer key-accounts such as network owners, utility companies, national utility constructions firms and other industry related strategic partners
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Determine and monitor the department's key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Anticipate and react quickly to trends and changes in markets and performance
- Participates with other senior managers in developing strategy and policy for the entire company
- 4-year degree required (technical degree and MBA preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience with a proven track record of both direct and indirect sales
- 5+ years’ experience leading a sales team through growth
- Experience in the fiber optic cabling installation industry
- Ability to individually develop, manage and grow strategic accounts
- Provide voice of customer information back to leadership to help navigate strategy
- Evaluate and adjust infrastructure to support sales growth
- Proven track record of digital transformation and sales channel adaptation
- Provide accurate sales forecasting to other members of the leadership team
- Ability to build strong customer and dealer relationships
- Coordinate any and all sales training for new and current employees and all other stake holders
- Oversee the maintaining of a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to travel domestically upwards of 60% of the time
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.