Our ideal DIRECTOR OF SALES AND GROWTH is a high-achieving, relationship-building, strategy-savvy sales aficionado. You walk into work every day inspired to create growth, guide your team members, and foster new and existing business relationships. You naturally rise to the occasion to bring your best work forward. As a part of the beloved brand, you will have the opportunity to nurture and grow partnerships with influential national and international retail buyers. Every day, you will collaborate with a team of sales, finance, operations, and design experts to deliver thoughtfully designed products to people’s homes both globally and nationally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead internal Sales Team and network of external Sale Reps to deliver and meet profitable growth objectives
- Develop and implement sales, product and other strategies to grow revenue and profitability with existing customers and channels.
- Lead business development activities to identify and win new customers and market opportunities
- Partner with design, operations, and finance teams to successfully launch new products
- Account management for key customers.
- Represent our brand essence, domestically and globally, with a comprehensive understanding of our products
- Research consumer needs and identify how our solutions meet them
- Train, motivate, and advise a team of sales representatives
- Work with the Director of Profitability as well as all members of the team to develop meaningful sales strategies to achieve company goals
- Offer support and feedback to sales team sales presentations and proposals- including presentations, product and sales summaries, and market analysis.
- Collaborate with finance and operations to execute customer orders successfully
- Achieve company objectives through effective planning, setting sales goals, analyzing performance data, projecting future performance, and project management.
- Continuously develop personal leadership, hiring, and training skills while ensuring the team is using effective sales tactics to meet revenue objectives.
- Generate leads, and build and nurture client relationships
- Create and execute a strategic sales plan that expands customer base and extends global reach
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partner relationships
- Recruit salespeople, set objectives, train, coach, and monitor performance ensuring assigned tasks and responsibilities are fulfilled
- Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop a plan to fulfill them
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to lead sales team and network of external sales reps.
- Demonstrated ability drive profitable growth
- Demonstrated ability to partner with internal operations teams to delivery sales programs and account management services that benefit customers
- Experience launching new products
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration
- 7+ years in sales management within a corporate setting
- Experience in consumer product goods strategy strongly preferred
- Proven track record of success the sales cycle from plan to close
- Energetic and enthusiastic for your work.
- Experienced in what it means to work in a variety of ecommerce and omnichannel settings
- A motivated self-starter and driver in projects, and a collaborator who can follow them through to completion with the team – eager and excited to see growth in both existing and new customers.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Superb leadership ability
- A solid team player, problem solver, and someone who can work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to travel when needed – all meetings are currently being held virtually
- Advanced degree
- Motivational speaking experience
- Proven success rate at levels above quotas
- Experience with national and international ecommerce
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.