The Director of Service is responsible for providing next level service for customers, oversees the development of Service staff, processes and customer relationships. This position works closely with all departments within the organization to install, service and support equipment supplied to customers both domestically and internationally.
Successful candidate will ensure an effective & responsive team of customer service technicians to external customers. You will attain annual goals for service revenue and margin dollars, as well as provide detailed, accurate, and timely input regarding product and system quality to internal customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage service and support functions including field installs, troubleshooting and repair, and warranty work.
- Direct the Service Team including Service Manager, Service Engineer and all Field and Call Center Service Technicians, as well as providing leadership and mentoring to staff.
- Smart Data & Web Part Store - partner with Sales & Marketing Team and External Software Developers on enhancement of Web Parts Store and Customer Data programs.
- Conduct weekly Department Team meetings and monthly install and service meetings collaborating with Engineering, Sales and Manufacturing.
- Implement and monitor Service Tech training program to ensure an effective, well-trained team to meet customer requirements.
- Analyze customer inquiries to understand product problems and/or weaknesses. Communicate with other departments in the company to find solutions.
- Monitor and manage department financials including margin analysis and opportunities for cost savings.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS degree in a technical discipline (engineering, etc.) OR 5 years' comparable experience.
- 6+ years' experience in customer service, engineering, or production. Good understanding of company's machinery to effectively handle customer problems.
- 6 + years of working knowledge of mechanical/electrical technical applications. Hydraulics helpful.
- Ability to travel-up to 15%
- Excellent customer service, leadership and communication skills.
- Previous experience managing a field service/installation team required.
*No relocation assistance offered
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.