Director of Stuctural Engineering
Founded in the 1950’s, our client is a design build construction company focused primarily on the construction of large Ag facilities. This company is a dominant leader in the North American market providing a full-service approach that includes pre-construction planning, design, engineering, construction, and project management capabilities. Our client has developed a market leading reputation in the industry due to its in-house engineering capabilities and ability to execute on all types of projects. We are search for a Director of Structural Engineering on behalf of our client. This is an amazing opportunity for a structural engineer who is entrepreneurial and interested in becoming more involved in leadership within the business and business decisions in the future. The person in this position would first be learning about the company, it’s unique offerings and structures, then grow a team and implement scalable processes within the engineering group.
The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer is responsible for developing engineering design-build documents. This position will work closely with owners to develop conceptual drawings, and with drafters to provide the documents to support construction.
- Develop the scope and lead the design and drafting effort to support construction projects.
- Coordinate with equipment, mechanical, electrical drawings along with vendor technical data.
- Provide support and technical coordination for the development of the structural engineering construction documents.
- When required, provide drafting services to present design concepts to clients, and support the development of drawings for construction.
- Formal presentations in front of clients to discuss building design and other project details.
- Provide detail drawings of structural components and their connections of wood, steel, concrete, and other structural materials.
- Coordinate with drafters the necessary drafting services and prioritizing the workflow to ensure a timely delivery to the project.
- Assist the field with engineering related questions/issues.
- Accredited degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Holds a Professional Engineers license, or has intentions of pursuing a PE
- 5+ years’ experience in Structural Design
- Proficient in AutoCad 2D & 3D, Revit Preferred, not required
- Excellent communicator
- Design and or experience in leading others
- Organized and attentive to project schedule