Director of Supply Chain
Our Minneapolis based client is a recognized leader in contract manufacturing both domestically and internationally. They pride themselves in the highest quality in development, manufacturing, and packaging. This amazing company is proud to have grown from a small family run company to an international base. They have been named “The 100 Best Companies to Work For” by Minnesota Business Magazine and work/life balance, company culture and environment are top priorities. They recently had 100% on their employee engagement survey. They are looking to add strong leaders to help an exciting expansion to their business.
This position is responsible for the effective planning, directing and leadership of all functions for the Supply Chain organization which includes Purchasing, Production Planning, Warehouse and Logistics.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversees all aspects of the purchasing, scheduling, warehousing along with shipping and receiving.
- Works with Quality departments to ensure operations and personnel maintain required operations practices and procedures to stay in compliance with FDA, NSF and OSHA and other regulatory bodies.
- Provides leadership to identify, plan and implement projects to support operational improvements for both internal and external processes.
- Provides recommendations for revisions or enhancements to schedules, resource allocation and production requirements.
- Participates in annual strategic planning and budgeting process to develop plans in support of business development and global corporate initiatives.
- Responsible for financial budgets for Supply Chain supportive departments.
- Monitors and mentors Management staff on day to day activities and on cost controls to align with approved budgets.
- Manages and mentors staff resources and organizational structure to meet business objectives for new and existing clients.
- Effectively represent Supply Chain organization to clients and prospective clients.
- Monitor and review performance of direct reports, and provide prompt and objective coaching, mentoring and counseling. Resolve performance, job satisfaction, and interpersonal issues, balancing employee and department needs.
- Participates in trade shows as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or a related background.
- 10+ years’ experience in an operations or manufacturing role with expanded responsibilities for ensuring efficient resource utilization, scheduling, and supply chain management.
- Dry powder experience with Dietary supplement manufacturing and/or pharmaceuticals is preferred.
- 10+ years of project management experience.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience; coaching, mentoring and training staff at all levels.
- Experience interacting with clients.
- Experience participating in resource planning and other planning initiatives.
- In-depth knowledge of process manufacturing operations and packaging operations; contract manufacturing knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of powders and tableting processes (or similar manufacturing processes), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for dietary supplements and Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs).
- Ability to communicate clear, concise and professionally with clients and internal staff both verbally and in written format.
- High level of organizational skills.
- The ability to prioritize tasks and projects with little direction and supervision.
- Ability to multitask and assess, accept/make changes quickly to meet timelines.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Effective business judgment and decision making skills. Ability to travel as necessary.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.