Director of Surgical Services
A Nursing Leadership opportunity with a progressive organization to grow existing Surgical Services while identifying new opportunities. Partner with Administration and Surgeons, ensure quality and safe care for patients, and provide continued direction and training for staff.
Our Surgical Services area is growing, and we are looking for innovative individual who can develop service lines along with the VP of Nursing, excellent surgeons, and a top-notch team. The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for the delivery of safe, effective, direct and indirect, patient-family centered care through the continuum of perioperative care to include outpatient surgery unit; preoperative unit; operating room; post-anesthesia care unit; cardiac services; and sterile processing.
Other tasks include:
- Provide leadership to designated patient care and service areas, including oversight of staff, budget and quality issues.
- Determine and assign the appropriate level of staffing required to meet patient needs.
- Analyze service trends and develop department objectives for each specific surgery area.
- Actively participates in departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Current MN RN licensure
- CNOR preferred
- Previous Surgical Services Manager experience
- Skilled in interpersonal relations and communication/written, speaking
- Ability to lead and work in a fast paced, team environment