Director, Surgical Services
Nurse Manager - Surgical Services overseeing a busy ambulatory surgery center in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Well established multi-specialty program with seasoned nursing staff and highly regarded surgeons.
The Nurse Manager – Surgical Services is responsible for staffing, managing, coordinating, and controlling the activities required to provide a safe environment for patients undergoing invasive procedures or surgery. Also responsible for the interpretation, direction, and evaluation of nursing practice to ensure safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective nursing care throughout the facility. The Nurse Manager – Surgical Services will supervise the OR and PACU staff regarding clinical and ancillary services within the center and continuously analyze and evaluate all nursing services rendered to improve clinical outcomes. This nursing leader will demonstrate leadership by working collaboratively to promote customer service and patient satisfaction, and participate in staff development, educational programs, infection control, and orientations. In addition to managerial responsibilities, this role will include direct patient care.
- Manage the day-to-day activities and operations of the surgery center
- Develop methods and systems to collect and monitor data to achieve optimum performance and ensure the highest standards of care are delivered
- Recommend new programs to be developed within the surgery center
- Accountable to reporting occurrences through the center’s established occurrence reporting process related to employee and/or patient/visitor events.
- Fosters the developmental and educational process of self, colleagues, mentees and students (includes functioning as a preceptor).
- Participates in acceptable continuing education, fostering career and skill development including meeting departmental continuing education requirements.
- Assists in managing controllable costs by the proper, non-wasteful use of surgery center resources.
- Actively participates in quality projects, as applicable. Identifies issues & assists in collection of data for quality purposes. Contributes ideas for improvement.
- Contributes personally to the “team oriented” environment by demonstrating cooperative, constructive, problem-solving interaction with all Surgery Center employees.
- Occasionally participate in community functions relating to outreach events throughout the year.
- Any and all other duties as assigned, to include the responsibilities of the Pre-op/PACU RN and Operating Room Circulator.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing, BSN preferred
- Current licensure as a RN in the State of MN
- Two years of nursing supervisory experience in outpatient surgery
- Current BLS certification required; Current ACLS certification preferred
- Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
- Complete job required training.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, (e.g. HIPAA, Stark, OSHA, employment laws, etc.)
- Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
- Work in the surgery center during business hours
- Travel independently throughout the surgery center (which may include movement from floor to floor); frequent bending, lifting, standing, stooping or sitting for long periods of time may be required
- Work at an efficient and productive pace, handle interruptions appropriately and meet deadlines
- Communicate and interact in a respectful and professional manner
- Prioritize workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Understand and execute a variety of instructions
- Effectively operate equipment and communicate on and operate the phone system
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Travel to other work locations, if required
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.