Director Systems Engineering
Our client is a global and innovative products company, developing products across multiple markets, including their largest segment within the Healthcare Industry.
This position will be leading the system engineering, electrical engineering, software, firmware, and cloud development work to drive growth and enhance our client’s industry leading brand. The role must drive innovative approaches and solutions for customers and end users. This position focuses on delivering technology to drive revenue, improve the number of new products produced, deliver financial returns, and build our client’s quality and brand. This role reports to the VP of Engineering and is a vital member of the Engineering leadership team.
- Develop modular based architecture and design approaches to drive higher quality and faster development.
- Deliver new products to market as part of the new product development process.
- Execute key cost savings and quality improvement efforts as part of the continuing engineering work.
- Champion our IoT and Connectedness strategy to optimize customer workflow and information to drive end user satisfaction.
- Establish development approach to balance internal, external and supplier engineered solutions that optimize quality, time to market and cost.
- Build a technology roadmap to ensure our client remains the innovation leader in the industry.
- Establish best practices and processes that blend agile, customer intimacy and technical execution.
- Inspire and build staff to foster a culture of openness, continuous improvement, innovation, and people development
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Supply Chain, Product Management and Program Management.
- Identify and foster external partnerships to bring exciting new technology to products and our customers.
- Works collaboratively to ensure end-user segment financial new product growth targets are met.
- Manage budget and resource planning for programs.
- Ensure designs meet the requirements as defined by the customer, as-well-as, any state and federal regulations.
- Conduct regular design reviews to assure that designs meet required specifications.
- Overseas travel may be required.
- Support “Lean Business Enterprise” initiatives for continuous process improvement and waste elimination.
- BS in Software or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience in an engineering design environment. Preferably in the electro-mechanical product industry.
- 12+ years experience with progressively more significant roles, with 5 years of engineering team leadership and a proven track record of success.
- Expertise in Intellectual Property, Joint Development Agreements, Lean and Internet of Things (IOT) is desirable.
- 4+ years of experience leading a design team with the ability and desire to lead, coach and develop team members.
- Self motivated, creative and capable of handling and prioritizing multiple projects through prioritization and delegation.
- Demonstrated ability to create, set, and achieve strategic initiatives that specifically align with organizational goals in a fast paced and nimble environment.
- Must possess a collaborative working style that thrives in a cross-functional team environment.
- A track record of high achievement, meeting/exceeding goals and driving results is required.
- The ability to inspire, lead and motivate is imperative.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills including listening and presentation skills.
- Must have a passion for customer satisfaction and success.
- Demonstrated good business acumen and decision-making skills required.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.