Director, Total Rewards
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a fast-paced, growing organization where you can bring your expertise in total rewards and partner with leadership across the globe? If so, then this may be the role for you!! Our privately-owned railway client is looking for a dynamic, curious, and driven total rewards leader to join their global organization. The ideal candidate will possess similar industry experience working with a large field employee base and be confident in their knowledge and experience within all HR disciplines, with a focus on compensation, benefits, HRIS and management.
The Director Total Rewards is responsible for the design and implementation of compensation, benefit strategies that are attractive for employees and candidates as well as ensuring adherence and compliance with policies and regulations. This role will have responsibility for ensuring alignment of global programs to the company’s strategies and philosophies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Drive the strategic design and execution of the global Total Rewards Programs in line with the business needs, culture, and values to include philosophy, benefits enhancements, job evaluation and salary surveys, salary, and incentive structures, pay budgets and equity analysis, HR system analysis.
• Plan and direct the design, implementation, and administration of a health and welfare benefits program that is competitive and attractive to candidates and employees while maintaining a company and department budget.
• Review proposed compensation adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices and applicable state, federal, international laws, and regulations.
• Strategize enhancements to the current benefits portfolio and provide recommendations.
• Manage a team of Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS Specialists to ensure compliance and proper administration of total rewards programs, ensuring data integrity, legal compliance, and accurate reporting.
• Maintain and update U.S. and global compensation bands and leveling, through competitive market analysis.
• Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive Expat Program and related policies.
• Provide analytical insights and compensation guidance to business leaders and talent and people partners.
• Ensure that program objectives are effectively communicated enterprise wide and understood through a variety of education and communication methods.
• Provide support and analysis during all M&A activity.
• Analyze business requirements and determine hardware and software requirements to meet data management needs.
• Support HR Business Partners in development of client reports, evolution of software modules to support Talent Management, Recruitment, Employee Relations and Learning & Development.
1. Values Based Leadership
2. Building Partnerships
3. Trusting & Transparent Based Communication
4. Business Acumen
5. Strategic Agility
6. Driving Execution
Required Skills & Experience:
• BS degree focused on Human Resources, Communication or Business.
• SPHR or SHRM-SCP designation.
• 8+ years of Management experience, Benefits and Compensation Experience.
• 12+ years combination of education, human resources, and a focus in compensation, benefits, and management.
• Desired industry experience includes railway, manufacturing, or other field-based organization.
• Outstanding customer service skills coupled with the proven ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization including cross functional senior leaders and the CEO.
• Outstanding attention to detail, high level of accuracy in written work and analysis and the ability to exercise good judgement.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities that require strong project management and decision-making capabilities, as a hands-on approach is required.
• Must be very comfortable and thrive with ambiguity while building out strategies, systems, and processes.
• Impeccable communication skills: able to explain complex ideas in a simple, clear manner, deftly answer challenging compensation questions, and connect with a variety of audiences from Board members to employees.
Education: MBA, Master of Human Resources
Experience: Experience with International Compensation and Benefits Programs
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.