Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Divisional Controller is responsible for the completion and oversight of all financial activities to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of adequate systems to maintain accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance accuracy of the Division's reported financial results. The Division Controller will lead all day-to-day financial operations.
This role will work closely with all departments to not only educate employees regarding finance and accounting procedures but also determine how the finance function can best support their efforts. Also, the Division Controller will assist in the effort to bring awareness and attention to the financial aspects of the organization and make this an integral part of all company activities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop, interpret, and report financial information for the plant in a timely manner in the areas of the balance sheet, income statement and capital.
- Direct preparation of budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Provide management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Serve as a member of the operations team in making sound business decisions.
- Leverage the sites ERP system, analyze all significant work order variances as incurred. Perform Pareto analyses to identify the root causes of variances and assist in directing activities to improve the cost base.
- Understand ERP system set-ups, calculations, and postings of manufacturing performance and identify/correct system issues as necessary to preserve integrity of financial results.
- Responsible for development of appropriate standard product costs to accurately reflect profitability of the product portfolio and set baseline for measuring manufacturing performance.
- Maintain and develop key performance measures and tracking systems for the plant to measure progress and identify focus areas for improvement.
- Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Arrange for audits of company's accounts.
- Establish relations with banks and other financial institutions.
Required Skills & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- About seven years related experience in manufacturing.
- The ability and desire to mentor and coach a team through their financial progress.
- Strategic planning, presentation and analytical skills, and an ability to effectively interpret, summarize and forecast business activity and the financial position of the company.
- An ability to shape everlasting relationships with employees, senior leadership, and customers.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.